I made it, we ate it, we (and, more importantly, since I made it for him, Charlie) liked it.
When I took a picture of it, though, it came out looking yellow instead of pinky-orange, which it was, so I colored the picture.
It was a little unset, and I don't know why. Maybe it was the juice, which I drained, but maybe not enough? It was good, anyway.
Cottage Cheese Jell-O Salad All Messed Up
- 3 oz package Jell-O (I used orange)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cottage cheese (maybe I should have drained this)
- can of fruit, drained (I used cocktail fruit mix)
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, cut up (I used less, since there were some in the mix)
- 1 container Cool Whip (I whipped cream, since I had some)
Put Jell-O and sugar in boiling water. Stir until dissolved. Set aside until cool. Add cottage cheese, fruit, nuts, and cherries. Stir in the whipped cream. Mix gently but well. Chill.
He asked for something similar for his upcoming birthday. When I complained about how sloppy it turned out, he quoted my grandfather: That don't hurt the eatin' of it.
I'm posting at my own blog today about a dish I made with my home-made sauerkraut. Also disappointing, to a degree.