Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Russian Green Beans?

So I was talking online to a friend from Russia -- Yes, I have FRIENDS FROM RUSSIA -- and she said that Russians love spices and herbs. She said the iconic Russian flavorings are dill and sour cream.

So I made these.

This was a couple of weeks ago, when I had some fresh beans from the farmers market.

Russian? Green Beans

  • fresh whole green beans
  • mushrooms, sliced
  • butter or margarine
  • salt
  • pepper to taste
  • dill weed
  • sour cream

Parboil the beans until bright and crisp-tender. Cook the mushrooms in a dry skillet until they finish giving off liquid. Add butter or margarine and the green beans. Add the dill weed, salt and pepper. Cook until the beans are glossy and slightly toasty in places. Top with sour cream and more dill.

This would be better with fresh dill, but my garden dill finally died out! Whoever heard of such a thing?

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: