Tuesday, July 4, 2017

THE RETURN OF THE SPUD!!!!

There are only two of us at home, and sometimes I bake potatoes in the toaster oven (you have to wrap them in foil and turn them every so often), but sometimes I heat up the Real Oven and bake a butt-load of spuds at once.

Then we use the leftovers here and there, but my favorite thing is twice-baked.

Here is the prep.
Cut a potato in half (two, here, 'cause I done TOLE you there's two of us). Scoop its guts out with a spoon and mash it with butter (or vegan margarine) and cheese, salt and (unless you're a pepper-hater like Charlie) pepper. And, yes, you caught me, there is cooked bacon in there BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT, RIGHT?

Put the mashed yumminess back into the potato skins. Then you can heat it like that in the oven or toaster oven, you can microwave it, or you can (as I did) squoosh the halves together, rub the skin with butter (margarine), wrap it in foil, and bake it again. TWICE-BAKED, yeah?

VERY yummy.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: