Tuesday, May 23, 2017

WHAT Kind of Salad??

I went to a Japanese steakhouse, and my friend ordered seaweed salad. So I did, too. Because I had never had that, and Adventure is my middle name. Actually, my middle name is Lois, but never mind.

It looked like this.
Yes, it really was that green.

How was it? The dressing, a light and delicate sweet-and-sour, was delicious. The seaweed was ... seaweedy. Really chewy, a little bit fishy, with little seeds all in. Not bad, but I'll never order it again, because a little goes a long way, and this was a hella lot of seaweed. Even though the bowl was mostly lettuce with a big hank of seaweed on top, I took half of it home and Charlie couldn't eat that much.

I'm really glad I ordered it and tried it, and I'd eat some again if there was only a couple of bites of it, but I would like it more as a garnish than as a dish.

Have you ever had seaweed salad? What did you think?

I'm still doing Story A Day May, so hop over to my blog and help yourself to some free stories.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I get more than enough seaweed when I swim in the ocean. It's free there- and tastes as badly.

Marian Allen said...

Heh. And you get plenty of minerals, too, from the sand you swallow at the same time.