So this happened.
- vegan margarine (or butter)
- Arborio rice
- four times as much liquid as rice (I used white wine and water)
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- mushrooms, halved
- more white wine
- peas, cooked
- Heat some margarine or butter in a skillet and in a saucepan. Put the mushrooms in the skillet and the rice in the pan. Add 1/4 of the liquid to the rice and cook on high medium, stirring almost constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/4 of the liquid and continue cooking and stirring until THAT liquid is absorbed. Continue until almost all the liquid is absorbed. Add salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
- Meanwhile, in between stirring, cook the mushrooms on medium heat until they start giving off liquid. Add enough flour so you can toss the mushrooms around in it and coat them. Cook until the flour browns a little. Add a little wine and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Put some rice in a bowl or on a plate. Top it with mushrooms, then top that with peas. You can sprinkle it with chopped parsley and/or more cheese, if you want to.
Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes