Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bowl FAIL, Bowl WIN

So "bowls" are A Thing, right? A "bowl" is like a plate lunch, only with all the food touching the other food. It's like Mr. Monk's worst nightmare.

I make bowls sometimes, in the hope it will make leftovers look classy. Sometimes it works. Sometimes, not so much.


The one on the top, not so much. It was rice and peas, cabbage, black-eyed peas, and sausage, topped with Pad Thai sauce. Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking, either.

The one on the bottom -- YUM! Also rice and peas (I made a BUNCH, y'all), and a slab of breaded and fried seitan, topped with mango chutney. OMG SO GOOD.

Less is more, I guess.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I dunno. I could pass on either....