Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Little TOO Healthy, But Still Yum!

Long ago, I got hooked on crispy pea snacks. So, when I found these Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps at Seeds and Greens in New Albany, I grabbed a couple of bags.
Alas! "Lightly salted" is truth in advertising! These are just the way my husband likes them: baked, only minimally oily, and light on the salt. I like mine salty and oily. I like my snacks to be a minimum of fiber, basically a delivery system for salt and grease.

Nevertheless, these are pretty darned good. (I tried dipping them directly in vegan margarine, but that didn't do the trick.)

Recommended with the reservation that salt-and-grease fiends may be disappointed.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Some of us opt for no salt! (My dinner guests always know that there is a slat shaker on the table on purpose- because I never use it.)