Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Looks Like a Kidney Bean. Isn't. Nor Is It A Kidney.

It's a potato. A twice-baked potato, actually.
It doesn't look very pretty, but I don't care. I was pretty pissed with it by this time, so I just took a picture and be damned to it.

I had baked the potatoes the day before, so I got a couple out of the refrigerator, cut them in half, and scooped out the innards. Then, mistakenly believing it would be quick, I put the innards into a Magic Bullet thingy and tried to whirl it up.

It didn't whirl. It whined. I tried three blades and two sizes of containers, and all it did was sit there and grumble. I did more than grumble, I can tell ya. Even when I added some milk and vegan margarine, it wouldn't whirl.

Eventually, I got it somewhat mashy. I added some salt and onion powder and a beaten egg and grated cheese, and spooned the mixture back into the shells. I baked them at 450 for about a half hour for the little 'uns and left the big 'uns in for a bit longer, until they were puffy and browned.

They tasted fine, but I ate with more vengeance than appetite.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I pass the potatoes. OK, I never let them cross my portal!