Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Golden Dollars

My husband tells me I use too much oil to fry green tomatoes and breaded squash slices. So he said, "You want me to make 'em tonight?" And I said, "Yes."

He showed me the error of my ways. He used almost no oil, but his fried green tomatoes were as nice as mine. Don't know how he did it.

The squash, on the other hand.... He ran out of flour in the dredging dish and, rather than get more flour, he did without. So we ended up with this.

I'm not saying they were bad. They weren't bad. But they weren't breaded, either. Actually, they tasted quite nice, with the little bit of vegan margarine he cooked them in and the leftover spices from the seasoned salt he used with the fried green tomatoes.

In an attempt to lend them status as A Thing, he presented them with, "Here we go. Golden Dollars!"

I believe I'll make them on purpose some other time. With not much oil/margarine.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I think I like the idea of non-breaded. Who needs the empty calories?