Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Panza-Whatta?

I couldn't remember the name of this salad, so I had to do an internet search for bread-and-tomato salad. It's Panzanella, just so you know.
It's cucumber, tomato, and stale bread, drizzled with vinaigrette. I wish I had seen The Pioneer Woman's recipe before I made it but, alas, I did not. Because I totally have basil coming out of my ears, and it would have been SO GOOD in this. Oh, also, I didn't have any cucumbers, so, instead of the vinaigrette, I used dill pickles and just drizzled it with olive oil.

It was still pretty good.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

3 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Pickles. So, it was a garlic Panzanetta!

Marian Allen said...

Pretty much! Practically a Kosher Pananella!

bookworm said...

As they say - whatever works! I am still mulling over pickles - now that was creative! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com