Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Happy Ending -- Almost

It's almost the end of the farmers' market season. BOO HOO!!!

It was also almost the end of our supplies, since I've been going to book sales (selling, not buying -- well, not buying much -- well, not too much) on Saturdays, and so haven't done the market.

We had one ear of corn in the shuck, a few potatoes, and a handful of green beans.

I microwaved the ear for 3 minutes, cut off the stalk-end, and shook the ear out of the husk. We split it. No, it wasn't enough, but it was all we had.

I boiled the potatoes along with some fresh chopped parsley from our garden and seasoned them with salt, pepper, and vegan margarine.

The green beans, I tossed in oil and seasoned salt and roasted in the toaster oven at 400 while the potatoes cooked, turning them as they browned.

We also had some salad and buttered toast, so there was a-plenty.

We sure will be sorry to see the growing season wind down.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Now, in my book, I would consider this a close second to leftovers...
But, I'm glad you enjoyed the meal.

bookworm said...

A sparse meal, even for someone (like me) on Weight Watchers for the last almost four years. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com