Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Vegetarian, Mehgetarian

I made this the other night. I thought it was DIVINE, but the husband was like, "Meh."

Okay, I heated some coconut oil in a skillet, then added portobello mushrooms, green onions, fresh asparagus, and chard stems. I cooked those for a few minutes, then added Jasmine rice and toasted it for a couple more minutes. I added water and soy sauce, brought it to a boil, covered it, put the shredded chard leaves on top, and lowered the heat to simmer for about 20 minutes. I had to add some more water toward the end, because the wide, shallow skillet let the water evaporate too quickly. At the end, something seemed to be missing. Then I knew what, and added a squirt of lemongrass from a tube like a tube of toothpaste.

I gobbled mine up. Charlie left about half of his. The next day at lunch, he said, "You can have my leftovers," and I was on it like a duck on a Junebug.

How do YOU cook chard?

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Cerebrations.biz said...

I think you need some jalapenos to spice it up. I'm with your husband.