Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Poooooor #Vegans! NOT, SO NOT

I had this cauliflower that was thinking about getting those nasty black bits on it. So this happened.

I cooked the cauliflower until it was tender, then mashed it with vegan margarine. I drained it well before I mashed it and after I mashed it, but it was still on the watery side. Next time, I think I'll squeeze it in cheesecloth after I mash it. Dang! It tasted fine, though.

Just plain corn on the side.

The patties were particularly good: drained canned Great Northern Beans and drained canned mushrooms, mashed together, onion powder and an egg, fried in coconut oil.

Oh, my, yes!

Today is my last story of Story A Day May. All the stories from this month and from previous years are on my blog. Just find the Categories in the sidebar and scroll down to Story A Day May.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: