Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What Price Goose Eggs?

One of my church friends calls me every so often, murmurs a question, and makes an appointment to see me in church. I go, sit in my pew, and she comes up and hands me a bag.

She has geese.

Well, it isn't so much that she has geese as it is that she suffers from geese.

If you've never seen goose eggs, behold them:
They're HA-YOOGE!

What do I do with them? Listen, kids, I'm here to tell the world, goose eggs make the world's best brownies. Yes!

Close-up, since we ate some before I could snap the picture.

Here's my recipe:

Hershey Kitchens Brownies
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs or 1 goose egg
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
Mix all ingredients well. Butter a square pan and pour in the batter. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.

Oh, and the price? She said, "Take the geese."

I didn't.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Kiril Kundurazieff said...

Goose eggs also make great breakfast sandwiches, fried or scrambled, with whatever you want to add with them, such as lettuce, tomatoes, bacon.

I discovered them when I visited a fast food joint along PCH near Laguna Beach, Ca. before I left the state for good.

I don't remember the name but this place offers the most amazing Goose egg burgers, for a bit more than their regular burgers, but well worth the price.

Kiril Kundurazieff

http://www.madmacedonian.com