Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mascarpone Cocktail #Vegetarian

I like knocking desserts together out of bits of things -- it usually comes out pretty good, and this was no exception. I call it a "cocktail" because I served it in a wine glass. I KNOW THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE, OKAY?

We had some graham cracker/sugar crumbles in the refrigerator, left over from a graham cracker pie crust I made another time, and we had some mascarpone I bought on sale, left from other things I had made, and we always have orange marmalade. (I specify orange marmalade, because marmalade can be made from any citrus fruit, and was originally made from quince. So now you know.) ;)


Mascarpone Cocktail
  • graham cracker pie crust crumbles
  • mascarpone cheese or other cream cheese
  • orange marmalade
  • hazelnut syrup (like for flavoring coffee) -- optional
  • maraschino cherry -- optional

I spooned a couple of tablespoons of the graham cracker/sugar crumbles into a glass and dribbled that with just a teeny dribble of hazelnut syrup. Mixed the mascarpone with orange marmalade and spooned in a couple of tablespoons of that. Topped with more crumbles and a maraschino cherry.


And it was very, very good. :)

Marian Allen, Author Lady
My blog is currently moving to a new server, so I'll put a live link in when I've unpacked all the boxes.

No comments: