Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Hot Quinoa Salad #Vegan

Quinoa is one of those "Ancient Grains" that generally make people either feel smart and healthy because they eat them, or oh, hell, no, because they don't.

Actually quinoa is really really good. I got hooked on it at a Mediterranean restaurant I favor, so I associate it with yumminess, not hipness. As I often tell people, I was a hipster before it was cool.

heh

Anywho, here's my recipe for:

Hot Quinoa Salad
quinoa
olive oil
tricolor peppers, diced
onions, diced
Meatless Griller Strips, diced
fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

Heat the oil in a pot. Cook the peppers, onions, and Griller Strips until they're soft. Remove to a bowl. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Return the veg and strips to the pot and stir until all is heated. Stir in the chopped parsley and serve.
Marian Allen, Author Lady

No comments: