Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Speedy #Vegan Soup

The soup is speedy, not the vegan. Well, the vegan is our #2 daughter, and she's speedy enough for all practical purposes, but I MEAN the soup is quickly fixed, okay?

Our daughter came to visit, and was here at lunchtime, so I banged this soup together.

Butterbean and Kale Soup

  • 1 can butterbeans, drained and rinsed.
  • 2 cups water
  • vegetable bouillon for 2 cups of water
  • chopped kale
  • salsa to taste
  • onion powder
Put it all together and simmer about 20 minutes, or until the kale is as soft as you want it. #2 Daughter and I like our soup spicier, so we put extra hot in ours at the table. I had been yearning for peanut butter soup, so I also added a tablespoon of peanut butter to mine.

Yum!

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Yum is NOT the comment that comes to mind.
I did note this was "FATAL" Foodies...

Marian Allen said...

Ouch, Roy! Way harsh! lol --What do you not like in this soup? The kale? The butterbeans? The salsa? All of the above? It was very very good to me! :D