Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pili Sans Carne #vegetarian Could Be #Vegan

YES, that's part French, part Spanish, and part nonsense. I'm fluent in gibberish, okay?

What I'm talking about it chili made with black-eyed peas and without meat. So: Pili Sans Carne.


  • olive oil
  • onions, chopped
  • garlic clove, whole
  • chili powder
  • powdered cumin
  • 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
  • diced tomatoes with green chilis
  • frozen corn (or canned, or fresh)
  • 2 cups water
  • enough vegetarian bouillon for the water
  • tomato paste

Heat the oil to medium low in a saucepan. Cook the onions and garlic clove until the onion is soft. Remove the garlic. Add chili powder and cumin and toast it in the hot oil.  Add the rest of the ingredients to taste.

Mine wasn't vegan because I put cheese on top. If you don't, or if you use vegan cheese substitute, yours will be vegan.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

This sounds good. I love black-eyed peas and the flavor of chili. I'd probably keep kidney beans in and take corn out and then add extra chilis, just because. I can't seem to stop myself from altering recipes.

Shweta Kapur said...

thanks for sharing such a nice information.
chowringhee restaurant in laxminagar