Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Averting An Insurance Claim with A Stand Mixer

True story...A friend of mine used to work as an insurance agent. He told me that once, a lady filed a claim for a lost diamond ring. How was it lost? Well, she lost it making sausage balls. I love sausage balls; and I love my diamond ring. Thanks to my stand mixer, I do not have to choose between sausage balls and diamonds. Instead of sticking my hands in the messy meat, baking mix and cheese mixture; I let my stand mixer do the work. Here's my recipe: 1 lb pork breakfast sausage 3 cups baking mix 4 cups shredded cheddar *Combine all ingredients. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Bake on ungreased baking sheets for 18-20 minutes. Makes 40-45 sausage balls. *If you use your hands to combine, remove rings first!

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

OMG, I love those things! Well, diamonds, of course, but I meant sausage balls. OM nom nom nom!

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes