Who doesn't love a mug of hot cocoa during the cold winter months? Of course, the same old cocoa can get a bit boring after a while. The good news is there are so many easy ways to boost the flavor.
1. Candy bars – All you need to do for this flavor boost is to chop your favorite candy bar and place it in the bottom of your mug before pouring the hot cocoa. Then just stir so the candy melts and enjoy.
2. Candy canes – Still have candy canes in the house? Put them to good use. Add a candy cane to your cup of hot cocoa and stir so that the candy cane slowly melts into the liquid.
3. Cinnamon imperials – Valentine's Day is just around the corner and you can find little cinnamon hearts in most stores. These can be added to your hot cocoa to add a nice spicy, sweet flavor.
4. Real cinnamon and cayenne – If you love things sweet and spicy, add freshly ground cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper to your hot cocoa.
5. Sea salt and caramel – If you want to get really decadent, add a spoonful of caramel sauce and a couple grinds of sea salt to your hot chocolate.