ANYWAY, here's the recipe, from THE ULTIMATE UNCHEESE COOKBOOK by Jo Stepaniak ($16.76 and well worth the price).
- 2 cups drained cooked or canned chickpeas (one 15- or 16-ounce can)
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tablespoons sesame tahini or raw cashew butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar (I used red wine vinegar, 'coz that's what I had)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons light or chickpea miso (I used whatever miso it is I have)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
NOTE: I added a little water to make it smoother. It was great as a spread or with veggies dipped in it. And the book says you can use white beans in place of the chickpeas.
Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes