Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Tale Of Two Tomatoes Part 1 #vegan

There were more than two tomatoes, actually.

We plan a garden, see. The garden grows. Charlie complains that it isn't producing enough to matter, he's tired of looking at the plants, and it's time to clean up. Next thing I know, the plants are on the compost heap.

This time, we scrounged the last green tomatoes from the poor little vines.


I'll post what I did with the smallest ones on my blog tomorrow.

I sliced the larger ones and made The Queen of Foods, Fried Green Tomatoes.

Every cook has her own notions of how to make this. I slice mine thin, soak them in salt water, dredge them in seasoned flour, and fry them in as little grease as possible until crisp and brown on both sides. The tomatoes, I mean, not me.
This is absolutely my favorite thing to eat in the whole wide world. The lack of them makes the winter bearable, because I can look forward to having them when summer rolls 'round again.

I know that doesn't make any sense, but that's the way I sees it.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

3 comments:

Carolyn van Poppel said...

I have never tried fried green tomatoes! Sounds delicious, will have to try them some day.

Marian Allen said...

Oh, try them, Carolyn! Look up a bunch of recipes and experiment until you find the one you like best. :)

Cindy Dy said...


It's enjoyable to learn more and more from your blog. Thanks for sharing.

MAcy
www.gofastek.com