Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Broccoli Soup #vegetarian #GF

I didn't mean for this to be vegetarian OR gluten-free, but it is.
I had some broccoli, and I had a leftover baked potato. So this happened.

I cut the florets off the broccoli and chopped up some of the florets and some of the stem. I boiled that in salted water until it was tender and the water was reduced to just cover the veg. Then I scooped the innards out of the baked potato, added that and some onion powder, and mashed, leaving some chunks. I poured in some milk and vegan margarine and the rest of the florets and brought it up to heat. It didn't even need cheese, although cheese is never a bad thing.

Charlie likes his soup thin, so this was thin. If I had been making it to suit myself, I would have added the innards of another potato or maybe some potato flakes to thicken it up. It was still good.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: