Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I Get My Favorite Dish -- FISH!

Okay, this is pescatarian, not vegetarian. That means it has fish in it.

In fact, it IS fish, mostly.

I've made this by buying a slab o' tuna, cooking it, flaking it, and making tuna salad out of it, and -- let's be honest -- that's a lot of trouble to go to for tuna salad, but it truly is a world above the canned stuff.

Usually, though, I buy canned (or, if you speak British, tinned) tuna in water and give the water part to the cats.

I don't get very fancy with my tuna salad. Tuna, onion, celery, and mayonnaise is pretty much it. If I have some water chestnuts, I'll sliver some and put those in.

Sometimes I make up for the simplicity by trying to make it look fancy.


But it's still just tuna fish.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: