Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pi Day, the Main Course #vegetarian

March 14 is Pi Day, you know (3.1415 this year!), so of course I made pie. I made two pies, in fact: a main course pie and a dessert pie.

I'll post about the dessert pie tomorrow on my own blog, since Wednesday is food day at Marian Allen, Author Lady.

Today, here, Imma show you my main course pie, which was vegetable pot pie with sage biscuit topping.

Here it is in the pan.
And here it is tumped out.
If you don't know what "tumped" means, y'all not from around here. "Tumped" is a combination of turned over and dumped.

ANYWAY, I cut up a potato, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and broccoli and cooked them in veg broth and margarine for about 20 minutes. I mixed flour with milk and stirred it in, cooking and stirring until the broth thickened. I TUMPED it into a pie pan. I made the biscuits with Heart Smart Bisquick, adding some rubbed sage, and put the biscuits on top of the veg. I baked it at 400 for about half an hour.

My only complaint was that there wasn't enough pie to biscuit. I do love my veg.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Gayle said...

That looks so good!