Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Potato Soup As You Like It #Vegetarian

Charlie made some potato soup the other day, and it was very good. HOWEVER, he likes his soup thin (as he calls it, "brothy," as I call it, "watery") and I like mine thick. When I make potato soup, I make it thick and he thins his with milk. He made his thin, which we both consider turn-about is fair play.

So I stirred some instant potato flakes into mine and added some grated cheese. If we were carnivores, I could have nuked some bacon and crumbled it up in there, too.

This is the secret to a successful marriage.

Charlie's Potato Soup

  • potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • salted water
  • milk
  • parsley
Cook the potatoes in the water with parsley. Drain off some of the water if you want the broth richer. Mash them a little, so the broth is lumpy. Add milk. Heat but don't let it boil or scorch.

Add options, if desired, like cream, sour cream, bacon, cheese, potato flakes, pepper.

Hug and be happy.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: