Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Winner, Winner, Not-Chicken Dinner #vegetarian

I know it looks like it's chicken strips, but it's Meatless Griller Strips made out of wheat -- seitan.
I cooked them according to package directions, then stirred in some black bean and corn salsa, put it on a plate, doused it with queso blanco, and topped it with crumbled corn tortilla chips.

Co-starring in this production are lima beans cooked with dill weed and buttered jasmine rice.

Yum.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

KJM said...

I so much enjoy your writings. However, I must state I am so glad I am not a vegetarian!

I still remember our class, fondly.

Marian Allen said...

HUGS!!!

I'm not a vegetarian, either. I'm a flexitarian -- I eat what I'm given. lol! My husband is pretty much vegetarian, and one of our daughters was vegetarian until she became vegan. I like to find good things to make and share with her, and I would rather cook interestingly vegetarian for my husband and me than make something extra for myself. It isn't as difficult as I thought it would be!