Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Souper-Good!

Something amazing happened in my house. I made soup; and everybody in my family got excited! Usually, soup is not such a hit with everyone. Most of my soup recipes have at least one hater. So, what was this magical, family-pleasing recipe? This is the good part. It is so souper-simple! Broccoli-Cheese Soup Boil about 2 cups of cut-up, fresh broccoli in about 3 cups of salted water. After the broccoli is tender, add a can of cream of chicken soup (do not drain water). Turn down to a simmer. Add about three cups of desired cheese. I have fun with the cheese! This time, I cleaned out the fridge. So, I used Velveeta, American, cheddar, Colby jack, feta, Parmesan and baby Swiss. Simmer till cheese is melted. Finally, I slurry it all together with an immersion blender and add about 3 dashes of hot sauce. Soup-erb!

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

OMG -- It sounds aMAZing! Come make some for me! *slurp*