Tuesday, September 23, 2014

What We Et

So we went to a convention, and the women I roomed with are as cheap as I am, so we took our own food.

I bought a small beef roast from a local farmer. Wait. That didn't sound right. The farmer is local, and he sold me a roast, but the roast CAME FROM a bovine. Okay, now that's clear.

I browned it and put it in a Dutch oven. I half-covered the roast in Burgundy wine, salted it, and tucked some braised onions, rosemary, and parsley around it.

I put a sheet of cooking parchment on top of the beef, then covered the Dutch oven. Baked it at 350 for 3 hours, then put some mushrooms in with it and cooked it for another 30 minutes. Yummmmmmmm.

No pictures, because you know why? WE ET IT ALL.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, fantasies

No comments: