Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My New Favorite Beach Dessert

Last week, I was on beautiful, peaceful, Hilton Head Island with my family. Beach visits are the only time I get to shop at Publix. While in Publix to buy our groceries for the week, I recalled a conversation from college. Several students from Florida were talking about the key lime pie from Publix bakery. I ran to to bakery's refrigerated case to find that the key lime pies were all gone. So, later in the week, I ran back into Publix for the sole purpose of getting my pie. They had two pies left, and one went home with me! The pie lived up to the hype. It was beautiful, tart and creamy. My favorite thing about it was a garnish of whipped cream and crushed almonds around the edges of the graham cracker crust. I miss the beach! I miss Publix key lime pie!

1 comment:

Jason Underwood said...

You must’ve been really frustrated when you found out that the lime pie was already sold out! I must say, their pies look very yummy, and it seems worth fighting for. Haha! Anyway, it’s good that you were able to grab one when you returned. It's something to tide you over until they restock, yes? Cheers!

Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie