Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Caek Of The Birfday Kind

One of us had a birthday, so I baked a cake. Since it was a birthday, it looked like this:
See, long ago, when Daughter #4 was very young, I decorated her cake with these plastic birds. Somehow, it became a tradition that EVERY BIRTHDAY CAKE WE HAD needed to have these birds on it.

Our poor little grandson went to his first external birthday party, saw their cake, and asked, "Where are the birds?"

Social trauma: it comes from unexpected sources, eh?

This cake, by the way, was chocolate. If you know me, you knew that already. When Daughter #4 was a teen and had a big crowd of friends over, one came in and asked what was in the oven. I said, "Cake." He said, "Chocolate?" I said, "I said it was cake, didn't I?" He nodded in approval. Like, yo.

Pop on over to my blog for the last Tuesday of Story A Day May.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: