Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Magnificent Mess of Morel Mushrooms

It's that time of the year again. Yesterday was the first time in over a week I've been able to get into the woods. The last time I went out, there were no mushrooms. Yesterday, I found around two pounds of them! Morels are the only wild mushrooms I hunt. Not even I could mistake anything else for a morel.
Actual photograph!
We had some for supper. We'll have some for supper tonight. We might have some the next night, or I might dry some for a special treat during the winter. I am happy.

Meanwhile, at my own blog, I'm posting about Miriam Makeba for today's A-to-Z Blogging Challenge post.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

1 comment:

Susan Kane said...

My brother still lives in Illinois. He said that morel mushrooms are being sold from $45 to $75 a pound.

We went mushroom hunting as kids in a place that was ours and we knew where the best were to be found.

Now i only dream.