Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday Recipes

I was wondering if there were any traditional foods we are supposed to eat on Good Friday. For instance, I know people are supposed to eat black-eyed peas on New Year's Day, but I never have. I embarked upon a search with the help of the wise people of Pinterest.

Cooking With Nonna shares recipes from "our Italian grandmothers" on her blog. Recipes include Baked Baccala and Potatoes,  Calzone di Cipolla (Onion Pie), Easter Calzone - Scalcione di Cipolle, and Feast of Oil-Poached Fish.

There were several pins for Hot Cross Buns, such as this one from Just A Pinch.

According to Lifestyle Food, meat is traditionally not to be consumed on Good Friday. So, they have given their readers some alternative Easter Good Friday Recipes.

Oh Amanda's blog offers a recipe to help teach children about the Resurrection.

So, that's what I came up with? What are your Good Friday traditions or favorite Easter recipes?

1 comment:

mushahid mughal said...

WOww to good good friday :)Check also my blog for that
good friday recipes