Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Ghee

Ghee is like clarified butter, only different. You make them almost the same way but, for clarified butter, you stop cooking while the milk solids on the bottom of the pan are still pale; for ghee, you let the solids toast so the finished product has a slightly nutty flavor.

Here is a wonderful Indian Cooking site that tells you exactly how to make genuine ghee. The particularly wonderful thing about it is that it involves setting fire to a piece of paper in order to test your progress. I read that part and I was like, Oh, hell, yes!

Meanwhile, back at my own blog, I'm posting about the Gorillaz' song "Clint Eastwood" and why it means what I claim it means, all evidence and testimony to the contrary.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: