Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Alice's Restaurant For REALZ

I'm posting about Alice's Restaurant (the song) on my blog today but, while I was poking around the interwebz, I found that there's a real Alice's Restaurant. Not the one in the song, but named after the song.

Alice's Restaurant (the restaurant) is in Woodside, California, and I wish I could go there.


Here are their principles:

Our Principles:

1
We continually strive in bringing sustainable options into our everyday practices.
2
We support local businesses. From our fresh baked bread, and  locally sourced produce, to locally hand-crafted beer and wine.
3
We use environmentally friendly cleaning supplies as well as water efficient low-flow toilets and dishwashers.
4
Our takeout packaging, straws, beverage cups and plates are biodegradable and made from compostable materials.
5
We consistently strive to serve the best. From our  fountain sodas sweetened with organic sugars and CA honey, to our free range, grass fed 100% beef hot dogs.

Family Owned and Operated

If you ever get a chance to go, tell 'em I said Hey.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

4 comments:

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

Cool!!! There used to be a gas station with a diner inside called Alice's Restaurant. It was a real DIVE, in the middle of nowhere, but I loved the name!

Marian Allen said...

Oh, Cathy, mah GURL!

I would absolutely go to a dive in the middle of nowhere if it was named Alice's Restaurant. :D

Jean said...

I don't believe it! a real, new, Alice's Restaurant. That song was one I memorized when I was a kid and sang for all my friends whenever they asked! We play it every Thanksgiving!!! xox jean

Marian Allen said...

Jean, do you have a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat? Be careful when you take out the garbage! lol