Monday, March 31, 2014

Life in a Food Truck
By Zoe Chase
From Death on Eat Street
By J.J. Cook





Life in a food truck – well – MY food truck, The Biscuit Bowl, is fast-paced when there are customers. It’s slow as July in Mobile, Alabama where I live, when there aren't any customers. So I try hard to make sure I have customers lined up at the window.

My specialty is the biscuit bowl – as seen by the flying biscuit on my roof. It’s like  a bread bowl but made from a biscuit that has been hollowed out and deep fried for a minute. You’ll feel like you died and went to heaven when you try one.

I fill them with sweet things like cherry pie filling or cinnamon apple filling. I also make savory fillings such as beef stew and gumbo.

I think they’ll be a big hit – if I can get people to try them!

So if you’re looking for lunch, or a snack, in downtown Mobile – think Zoe’s Biscuit Bowl! I’ll be waiting for you!


Try Death on Eat Street, the first book in the scrumptious new Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mysteries. It will leave you hungry for more! 


No comments: