Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Vegetarian Dinner Of Delicacy and Beauty

I'm not a vegetarian, but I mostly am, and my husband is mostlier than I am. So we eat vegetarian almost exclusively. I don't mind, because I find that vegetarian is a lot more fun and interesting for me to cook.

Here's what we had the other day:
This is Golden Mountain Cauliflower and Green Beans Almondine or something.

The cauliflower:
Cut the stem and leaves from a head of cauliflower. Put the head on a platter (shades of John the Baptist!), cover it, and microwave on high for 7 minutes. When it's cool enough to work with, cut some of the florets off and put them in a dish. Spread it with mayonnaise mixed with mustard (Charlie doesn't like that bit, so I leave it off his). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grated cheese. Broil until browned or microwave until cheese is melted.

The beans:
They were canned. :/ So chop up some sweet red, orange, yellow peppers. Toast them, along with some slivered almonds, in butter. Add the beans and heat through.

Quite a tasty combination.

Marian Allen, Author Lady
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: