Monday, February 17, 2014

To Soup or not to Soup?

Soup
By Joyce Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com







I love good soup when it's cold outside. I'm a real fan of almost any kind of soup from split pea to tomato.

The only bad thing about soup is the kind that comes in a can. There is more sodium in that little can than a person needs to eat for a whole day.

So I started making my own soup. I can minimize the impact of salt by adding herbs, and I've found that it's very good. Because I'm vegetarian, I can also make meat-free soups that are very tasty!

Soup doesn't have to be bad for you.



Carrot-Potato Soup

Add two cups of cooked, diced potatoes to one cup of cooked baby carrots. Puree in food processor. Add Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb mixture, and 1 tsp. pepper. Mix in one cup of milk. Stir together in pan on stove, or in the microwave. Instant soup!

For my 'pertater' eating friends!


2 comments:

fermentum said...

Sounds Yummy!

Marian Allen said...

LOL! Yep, I love my pertaters! It's the Irish in me. :)