Okay, so it’s past New Year’s Day. You can still enjoy this yummy soup throughout the winter.
· Tbs. olive oil
· 1 large leek, quartered, white and light green parts chopped (2 cups)
· 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
· 1 Tbs. poultry seasoning
· 8 oz. kale, tough stems removed, leaves cut into 2-inch pieces (4 cups)
· 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
· 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
· ¾ cup dried black-eyed peas
· 1 qt. low-sodium vegetable broth
· ¾ cup farfalle pasta
· Shaved Parmesan curls, for garnish
First heat oil in a large pot or vessel. Add the leek and sauté till it becomes soft.
Next add garlic and the poultry seasoning and sauté for a minute. Add the kale and stir till the leaves are wilted.
Now add the diced tomatoes, chilies, black eyed peas and vegetable broth.
Add seven cups of water and let it cook covered for about 45 minutes.
Now you can stir in the pasta and cook for 7 minutes or till the pasta is done.
Garnish and serve with parmesan curls.