I know my kids will love this cheesy pasta. In fact, I think I’ll go ahead and make it because it’s supposed to be cold and rainy, and this would be a nice, comforting dish for them to come home to.
Pasta with Five Cheeses
· 1 pound Rigatoni, fusilli or small shells
· 2 cups heavy cream
· 1 teaspoon Basil, dried
· 1 cup Crushed tomatoes in heavy puree
· 1 package Italian blend cheese, (8 ounces divided - mozzarella, mild cheddar, provolone, and asiago)
· 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Boil the pasta two minutes less than what the package specifies in plenty of well-salted water and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the cream, crushed tomatoes, basil, 1 1/2 cups of Italian cheese blend, and gorgonzola cheese.
3. Add cooked pasta to the cream and cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is browned slightly and pasta is bubbling hot. Serve immediately.