Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Anna Bickel's Grandmother's Cranberry Salad

This is a favorite at my mom's church, and I love it, too. It's red, and it's made with cranberries, so that makes it a natural for this time of year. I don't make it often, because gelatin isn't vegetarian and I always use too much Agar powder if I substitute that for the gelatin. ~sigh~

Ana Bickel’s Grandmother’s Cranberry Salad
  • 1 small box cherry gelatin (Jell-o or off-brand)
  • 1 can jellied cranberries
  • 1 small can crushed pineapple
Mix 1 cup boiling water and gelatin until gelatin dissolves. Add jellied cranberry sauce and mix until sauce is dissolved. Add pineapples. Chill until firm.

NOTE: Drain the dang pineapples. Pineapple juice is the enemy of gelatin.

Merry Christmas, or happy any old holiday you choose!

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: