Monday, November 4, 2013

Yummy Potato Pancakes! By Joyce Lavene


Potato Pancakes
By Joyce Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com 






I’ve got a hankerin’ (yes, a handkerin’) for some potato pancakes! Yes, the lovely, crispy warm ones that I probably shouldn’t eat. I want potato pancakes with applesauce, the way my Mom used to make them.
And I’m probably going to have them!


Here’s my recipe:

Ingredients
4 cups mashed potatoes (day old is best, but do what you have to)
1/2 cup minced onions
1 egg
1/4 cup flour

Mix all ingredients. Use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into a skillet that is hot and greased. Cook until each side is crispy and brown.
Easy-peasy! Potato pancakes in only a few minutes. Serve with applesauce. Beans are good with it too!



Watch for my new book on November 15th, Murderous Matrimony!

I'll have recipes from the Ren Faire wedding of Jessie Morton and Chase Manhattan.

Huzzah!

www.renaissancefairemysteries.com 

1 comment:

Marian Allen said...

Oh dear lord I LOVE potato pancakes! Sometimes I use mashed potato flakes so I can have them ON DEMAND. heh

Now I wish I hadn't had a big lunch, so I could have room for potato pancakes for supper. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. :)