Monday, September 23, 2013

Pumpkins! by Joyce Lavene



Pumpkins!
By Joyce Lavene
www.joyceandjimlavene.com






I LOVE pumpkins! I love to look at them, and eat them. They are my favorite autumn food!

Since it is officially autumn now, we can start talking about cooking up some pumpkins. And eating them!

I'm sure all of you know some great pumpkin recipes.

Did you know that early settlers in this country wouldn't eat pumpkin? They used it as a vessel to cook other food and threw it away. Bad mistake. They didn't know what they were doing.

Lucky for us, we know better and there are plenty of pumpkins out there for us.

All we have to do is go out and get one!

I'm doing that right now. I'll be back next week with a great recipe.

If you don't have yours yet, here's a link you can use to help choose one:
http://www.allaboutpumpkins.com/perfect.html

See you next time!

Joyce



No comments: