Tuesday, September 10, 2013

From The Preacher's Mouth

Two-Ingredient Recipes


What could be better? Well, one-ingredient recipes, obviously, but that hardly constitutes a recipes, now does it? "Eat a piece of fruit" doesn't really qualify, does it? Well, does it? No, it does not.

ANYWAY, my preacher told me about this awesomesauce two-ingredient recipe she just heard about:

Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 box spice cake
1(15 oz) can pumpkin

Mix and bake according to directions on cake mix box.

Here's my favorite two-ingredient recipe:

Buckskin Bread
2 cups self-rising flour
1 cup water

Mix and bake in greased pie pan at 400F for 20-30 minutes.

Oh, yeah, and my other favorite:

Bear-Whipping Sauce
equal amounts of
brown sugar
mayonnaise

Mix and serve with fruit. As I told #4 Daughter when she was wee and reacted in shock to what I said we were having for dessert, "It's berry-dipping sauce, not bear-whipping sauce, you cuckoo-bird!" Nevertheless, you see what we still call it.

Here's a site with links to a blue million -- okay, 34 -- two-ingredient recipes, many of which I plan to try.

Quick, easy, and cheap. My favorite meal.

Marian Allen
Come visit my site:
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: