Wednesday, August 14, 2013

All That and a Bag of Chips!

What a stellar day last Tuesday was! Following Calli's exciting first day of fourth grade, we set up camp for three hours in the school supply aisle of Greeneville, Tennessee's Walmart. Was Calli's school supply list so big and confusing that it took three hours to get her supplies?  No, we were sitting in Walmart's school supply aisle for three hours to meet Calli's favorite vocal group and Greeneville's own, The Band Perry!
Was watching Calli meet her idols worth the wait?  It totally, without question was worth every second. The members of this sibling band were super-nice. Kimberly even complimented Calli's outfit. 
What other Walmart event made Tuesday so stellar? After meeting The Band Perry, I aimed to spend another hour in Walmart, by knocking out my shopping list. While on the snack aisle, I found a bag of Lay's Chicken & Waffle Chips. This flavor came out in limited quantities a few months ago. When I heard people talking about these chips, I was dying to try them. Sadly, I jumped on the chicken bandwagon with waffle wheels a little too late. Not a bag was to be found. Trust me, I looked!
Now, they are back in stores, and I snatched up a bag.
After all those hours in Walmart, I was ravenous! I tore open the bag of chips as soon as I got into my car. Did the chips merit all of my excitement and anticipation? They totally, without question, did.
I tell ya, Tuesday was all that and a bag of chips!

2 comments:

Marian Allen said...

LOL! I've never seen the trope actually illustrated before. ~grin~

And the band adventure takes me back to when #4 Daughter was in her Western phase and we stood in line to meet Bruce Campbell (then on Briscoe County, Jr.).

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

Lisa Hall said...

Marian, it's leverage. It's one of those "things I've done for you" I'll throw back at her when she's a teenager.