Friday, July 12, 2013

Watermelon Wine

I love, love, love watermelon--especially this time of year! So I wanted to do a post about watermelon. Is there a recipe with watermelon as the main ingredient?

As I pondered this question, I remembered listening to Tom T. Hall with my grandfather (any relation, Lisa?!). Mr. Hall had this song about "old dogs and children...and watermelon wine." He had another song about a "sneaky snake," but I don't plan on posting a recipe for any snake dishes.

According to Fruit Wine Making, watermelon wine is very easy to make and "provides a nice contrast to the standard grape option." So, if you're into wine making, visit the Fruit Wine Making site and learn all about how to make watermelon wine. :)

If you make it, let me know how it turns out! It has to age several months, and I just don't have that kind of patience.

1 comment:

Lisa Hall said...

Don't know if Tom T. shares the bloodline with my Todd C. Hall.
Do know I'd like to try watermelon wine!