Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Do Ladoo Yet Again

I'm a sucker for Indian food, nuts, sugar, and cardamom so, when a friend of a friend introduced me to ladoo, I had to learn how to make them myself.

I've posted about my experiments here and again here, and here is my latest, which is the best yet.

Mixed Nut No-Cook Ladoo
  • 3 cups nuts (I used walnuts, cashews, almonds)
  • 1 cup fine sugar (regular whirled in a food processor until fine)
  • 2 teaspoons cardamom powder or ground cardamom pods
  • touch of vanilla almond milk or plain milk
I gave the nuts a quick whirl so they're coarsely chopped, then took out about a cup, maybe a little less. Grind the rest of the nuts until they're pretty smooth. Take out into a bowl and stir in sugar and spice and the coarsely chopped nuts. Form into balls. My mixture was too dry to stick together, which is why I added the bit of vanilla almond milk.

This is also delicious with shredded toasted coconut in it.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

No comments: