Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Faux-Jito

The beautiful pot of mint I have growing on my deck was begging to be muddled into a mojito. Since drinking rum before noon, while alone and caring for two kids is something I do not want to do;  I ignored the urge to muddle mint. Still my mint plant kept whispering "MO....JI...TO!"
To quiet my whispering herb, I came up with a non-alcoholic alternative. It is refreshing, pretty in a glass and okay to share with the kids.

Faux-Jito

Ingredients:
mint leaves
diet ginger-ale
fresh lime juice

Directions:
Muddle mint leaves by placing them in a glass and pressing their oil out with the back of a spoon. Filll glass with ginger-ale. Add juice from half of a lime.
Plop in a straw; swirl it to mix; and enjoy!

1 comment:

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sounds super! I drink diet ginger ale most evenings, anyway, and I just so happen to have several limes in the fridge and a bumper crop of mint in the yard, so guess what I'll be drinking tonight??? (Thanks!)