Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sublime

Okay, here is a prime example of how my mind works:

I went to get ice from the secondary ice tray, and found only a thin bit of ice in each well. Now, we all know that solids have to pass through the liquid state to reach the gaseous state (evaporation), right? WRONG! I happen to know that ice, for instance, can sublime in cold but dry conditions. To pass from solid directly into gas is to sublime.

Isn't that interesting?

So I thought, "The ice has sublimed." So that made me think of the word "lime".

And everyone who knows me knows what that made me think of. I can hear my #3 stepdaughter screaming, "No, Mar! Don't sing it! DON'T SING THAT SONG!" And she doesn't even have the internet.

So I won't sing it. I'll share it.


You're welcome.

While we're at it, I may as well also share this link to Lime-in-the-Coconut Macaroons on Epicurious. Make some for me. They sound good.

Marian Allen
Fantasies, mysteries, comedies, recipes

2 comments:

cic said...

Love the song! I'd love to hear you sing it, Marian :-)

Marian Allen said...

Ohhhhhhh, no, you wouldn't! lol!