Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Necessity is the Mother

"Necessity is the mother of invention". This saying is so true in my kitchen. 
Like last night, we had lasagna and salad. What is missing here? Garlic bread is missing. We have to have garlic bread with lasagna!
In pinch, I have made garlic bread from hamburger buns, hotdog buns and pizza crust mix. None of those were on hand. All I had was sandwich bread. 
So, here is what I did. The sticks were delish. In fact, my husband liked them better than garlic bread I make when I have the big loaf of Texas toast or French bread:
Butter however many pieces of sandwich bread you are using.
Sprinkle each piece of buttered bread with garlic powder and Kosher salt.
Stack pieces of bread on top of each other and trim crusts.
With bread still stacked, cut into 3 or 4 strips.
Unstack bread strips and place on pan.
Bake or broil until browned.



No comments: